- It is a silvery-white lustrous metal with a slight golden tinge.
- Nickel belongs to the transition metals and is hard and ductile.
- It is a versatile element and will alloy with most metals with nickel as principal element.
- Complete solid solubility exists between nickel and copper. Wide solubility ranges between iron, chromium, and nickel make possible many alloy combinations.
- Its high versatility, combined with its outstanding heat and corrosion resistance has led to its use in a diverse range of applications such as Aircraft gas turbines, steam turbines in power plants and its extensive use in the energy and nuclear power markets.