- In terms of Clause 49 of the Listing Agreement, the Company is required to familiarize its Independent Directors with the Company “RCI Industries & Technologies Limited”, their roles, rights, responsibilities in the Company, nature of the industry in which the Company operates, business model of the Company, etc., through various programmes.
- Also, in terms of Schedule IV of the Companies Act, 2013 the Independent Directors are required to undertake appropriate induction and regularly update and refresh their skills, knowledge and familiarity with the Company.
- The Familiarization programme for Independent Directors will be administered and monitored by Nomination and Remuneration Committee.
- The Programme aims to provide insights into the Company to enable the Independent Directors to understand and get updated on the business and operations of the Company and contribute significantly to the Company on a continuous basis.
4. FAMILIARIZATION PROCESS
- The Company shall through its Executive Directors/Senior Managerial Personnel conduct programme/presentation periodically to familiarize the Independent Directors with the strategy, operations and functions of the Company;
- Such programme/presentation will provide an opportunity to the Independent Directors to interact with the senior leadership team of the Company and help them to understand the Company’s strategy, business model, operations, service and product offerings, markets, organization structure, finance, human resources, technology, quality, facilities and risk management and such other areas as may arise from time to time;
- The programme/presentation shall also familiarize the Independent Directors with their roles, rights and responsibilities;
The Company may circulate news and articles related to the industry on a regular basis and may provide specific regulatory updates from time to time; and
- The Company may conduct an introductory familiarization programme/presentation, when a new Independent Director comes on the Board of the Company.
5. DISCLOSURE OF THE PROGRAMME
- The Company shall comply with such disclosure requirements relating to this Programme as may be stipulated under applicable regulatory requirements. As per existing regulatory requirements, in compliance with the terms of clause 49 of the Listing Agreement, the details of this Programme shall be uploaded on the website of the Company and a web link thereto shall be provided in the Company’s Annual Report.
6. REVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
- The Board will review this Programme and make revisions as may be required.